5 Exciting Indoor Activities to Enjoy in Prince George’s County This Winter
With this winter’s cold weather keeping us bundled up and mostly indoors, it’s especially important to have some fun, creative ideas to get the family out of the house.
Fortunately for BeechTree residents, Prince George’s County is home to an exceptional variety of exciting destinations for indoor, climate-controlled fun. Here are five of our favorites.
1. Muse PaintbarA great escape from the winter cold, National Harbor’s Muse Paintbar is a popular destination for both date night and family fun alike. Plus, with daily painting events led by professionally trained, talented instructors, it’s great for any skill level.
Visit on the weekend for kid-focused events, or go on a weeknight for drink specials. Check out their calendar to see upcoming events, or plan your own private party.
2. NASA Goddard Visitor CenterIf there’s something that all ages can enjoy, it’s a shared wonder at space exploration.
Offering inspiring and captivating educational experiences, the NASA Goddard Visitor Center in Greenbelt is your gateway to humankind’s final frontier. Step inside to interactive exhibits and activities that demonstrate Goddard's innovative and exciting work in Earth science, astrophysics, heliophysics, planetary science and engineering.
Best of all, admission to the Goddard Visitor Center is free! Head to the website to check out current events and their seasonal hours of operation.
3. College Park Aviation MuseumLocated on the grounds of the oldest continuously operating airport in College Park, MD, the College Park Aviation Museum is a 27,000-square-foot facility containing historic and reproduction aircraft, as well as hands-on activities for children of all ages. And with exhibits and programs changing every month, there’s always something new to see.
The museum is open daily from 10am-5pm, and admission ranges from $2 for children and $5 for adults.
4. The Bowie Center for Performing ArtsThe Center for Performing Arts is the area’s premier professional theater facility and an undeniable staple of the community. This January, features include Let Freedom Sing! — a musical celebration honoring the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. presented by the award-winning Howard Gospel Choir. Also, later this month, a special production will spotlight the area’s best dance companies and crews. Check their calendar for showtimes and get your tickets today!
5. Suitland BowlStep inside this locally acclaimed duckpin bowling alley and you’ll feel instantly transported into an earlier era. It has a great family atmosphere, friendly staff and timeless charm. Plus, since duckpin bowling involves smaller balls and pins than the more familiar 10-pin format, it’s great for young kids! But if the bygone charm isn’t your thing, there’s also AMF Marlow Heights Lanes nearby for more modern style and all your 10-pin bowling needs.
Looking for more indoor activities to enjoy this January? Even closer to home, our state-of-the-art Recreation Center and Clubhouse offers BeechTree residents a wide variety of options for exercise, socializing and entertainment.