Holiday Hosting: A Survival Guide for You and Your New Home
Have you been the one chosen to host the holiday celebrations for your family this year? Never fear, we have some tips to keep you sane and your new home orderly this holiday season, whether your guests stay for a few hours or for a few days.
- Serve light-colored beverages to your guests; if any spillage occurs, the light colors will not stain your carpet as easily, and will help you preserve the “newness” of your BeechTree home.
- If dark beverages are a must, encourage your guests to drink their beverages in a place in your home without carpet, i.e. the kitchen, or in a room with hardwood floors.
- If you have guests coming from out of town to stay with you, create an overnight kit for them before they arrive; include towels, toiletries, and any other items that would make them comfortable so that you are not scrambling to get these items together as they are needed.
- If you’re concerned about foot-traffic on your carpet, provide inexpensive footwear for your guests (i.e. slippers, shoe coverings, or fun holiday socks) for your guests to wear throughout your home during your holiday celebration. These also serve as great gifts or party favors.
- Make a list to keep yourself organized of all of the food that you need to prepare, and make as much of your list ahead of time as you can so that you have time to relax and enjoy your guests. The freezer is a great tool to use, and can help you get ahead of the game
Show off that beautiful home to your family and friends this holiday season while keeping it immaculate, and yourself sane.